Sunday, June 18, 2006

this and that...

Here I am again...;)
Over Pentecost I was mainly occupied with my studies for our finals.
On the 3th June my sister's scout (Pfadi) camp started. Their topic was 'Hollywood'. So she made some curls which you can see on the following photo!
Besides studying, a friend and I wanted to hike Vilan. Since it was really cold and snowish back then we 'only' made it up one small hilltop. It nevertheless was rather exciting! - Especially our route dowhill. We kind of ran or slided down the snow and sometimes got stuck rather deep in the snow...:D After this stroll we were happy to warm up again in the smallish restaurant next to the mountain station of the cute 'cable car'.

And so our finals started on Wednesday. We have to take this finals in addition to graduate from High School and the finals are all about the last four years of school at least. (Oh and Tuesday 6-6-6 was some friend's and Marion's birthday!:D - great date isn't it?!)


Wednesday: German in the morning. That just was an essay. I chose the topic which was about the attraction betwenn ingenuity and insanity. Latin in the afternoon. It was a Cicero text we had to translate and some grammatical questions and some regarding the content as well as philosophical aspects.
Full six hours of exam that day - rather exhausting!!!

Thursday: Music in the morning. 40 minutes hearing questions (intervals, dictations, eras...) and afterwards some history, theory, a breakdown of an opus... I was a little short of time...

Friday: English in the afternoon. One comprehension, one addtional vocabulary and one Grammar part including a translation. Nothing really exciting. It's just a shame I couldn't remember the word 'whisper'!:D

Monday: French in the afternoon. Translation and an essay. It went better than I supposed beforehand.

Tuesday: Mathematics in the morning. No comment.

Wednesday: Also all the written finals were over by then and took another big exam that day - the CAE - Cambridge exam in Advanced English. There are different parts including reading, writing, listening and an English in Use part.

On the weekend between our quartet had two performances at the 'Alte Mühle Gams'. We had a great time playing on stage as well rehearsing on Friday and Saturday. I thought it was great to have the possiblity to have our very own concert. We were able to decide what to play for two hours all by ourselves and we had so much fun and secondary we also learnt a lot! Maybe I'll be able to post some pictures of it later...

Thursday after all the finals I rode my bike to the Walensee where I swam and read a book for the oral finals coming up this week. Of course I also rode back and enjoyed the beautiful weather we now have here in Switzerland! We are all happy that summer finally arrived although I think it's too hot sometimes...;)
In the evening Heinz (our neighbor), Elsa (Tabea's exchane student from the French-speaking part of Switzerland), Tabea and I spontaniously took our bikes and went to see our neighbor's fillies.


On Friday I took the train to Winterthur (via Rorschach, Weinfelden) where I met Semjon. There we took the train to Zurich, Bern where we met Päscu. And then we took the train to Interlaken. After we had bought some food in the Coop next to the train station we walked to the airport. There the Greenfield festival took place. (As you already know I won two tickets. And then a friend of mine gave me one she had won but couldn't use because she wasn't able to go. So I ended up getting three Greenfield tickets for free!!!:D) First we pitched our tent and put all our stuff inside. Then we went to the main stage to listen to 'In Extremo'. Although the music wasn't the best I really liked the idea. They performed lyrics from the Middle Age (Latin and some Old German stuff) with rockish music. During their last song it started to rain cats and dogs. We didn't care - I mean why should we have done so? - you couldn't have the weather changed anyway!
After we had eaten some bread under our neigbours 'Plache' we went to the main stage again. - APOCALYPTICA. The reason why I went to that festival anyway. It was great. Apocalyptica is a band consisting from four cellist (and one drummer). (http://www.apocalyptica.com/bio/index.php) I really like to listen to their music - some of the pieces I knew already but I also got to know some new ones. It was rather impressive to see them playing. I'm just wondering whether they played live on stage or playback. (Since our (Repastani-Quartett) first peformance on TV - since I got to know that most musicians play playback I don't trust any musician;)...)
Afterwards we tried to listen to 'Tool' but all the three of us didn't like it. Later on we went to the stage in the huge tent and listened to some Belgian music group. Then we went back to our tent (after we had played soccer with a balloonish ball for some time). Päscu and Semjon slept in my tent and I slept in front of it because I had my bivy bag with me. Unfortunately I rained about two times during the night. Anyway, I got up at 7 am and took the train at 8:25 am to Bern.

Our tent (Päscu and Semjon still sleeping) in the morning when I was eating some breakfast!The festival area in the morning.
In Bern I took the train to Zurich, Sargans, Buchs. From Bern on Gemma joined me. Gemma is our former neighbour's daughter aged 4. We arrived in Buchs at noon.
After having taken a shower and having changed and eaten some lunch I took the train to St.Gall. There Marion and I went to the Stadttheater St.Gallen to watch the musical 'Grease'. Of course it was a great performance. We both really liked the libretto because there were so many jokish sentences in it!
In the evening when I got home again our neighbours, a friend of them, Monica and Tabea were sitting in our garden. So I joined them and we ended up singing some songs when sitting around the fire till it started raining too badly to stay outdoor any longer.


So, I hope there aren't too many mistakes. I've got to go.
To finish a wisdom I came across when I studied for my math final. (It's out of my math binder from my Analysis class at Kenai Central High):
There's no substitute for hard work.
Have a great day and enjoy studying!:D

No comments:

Post a Comment