This picture shows you Fabian (the guy I went to the dance with) and me at Marion's house before the dance.
Pascal (Marion's dancing partner;) - at least for that night;)) and I posing ridiculously. In the background you see Fabian and Marion.
All four of us on the stairs in front of the house - just leaving...
And what else is to be expected of Marion and me posing?! Sorry, but madness just catches you after four years of KSS;)! A week later the next graduation celebration took place at our school: the Maturity ceremony. Of course the headmaster hold a speech and there also was some other talking. Luckily he tried not to be annoying so it was even kind of interesting listening to him. After all that introducting stuff the main part started. Class after class went to the 'stage' where every single student was called and given his/her Swiss Maturity Certificate.
This picture shows you our headmaster handing me over my Certificate. (Rather exciting moment because I achieved my goal to get a 5 in average (I got a 5.22; 1 being the worst and 6 the best grade you can get) and surprisingly was the best of my class.)
And here you go: Our whole class after the handing over of our certificate! (I know it's not the best quality but it's so worth posting it because we were all so happy about having passed at last!) And these are two pictures taken right after graduation:
My parents and I. By the way, everyone got a rose from his/her class teacher.
Our class on our school yard. (From the left to the right: -back row- Jenni, Carmen, Nadia, Johanna, Ladina, Lea, Ursi, Martina, Moni, Coco, Anna, Amanda, Steffi - front row- Larissa, Mimi, Anina, Mara, Marion)
And here again - to finish this four-year-long-KSS-era: Marion and I.After the graduation celebration it's tradition that every class goes out for dinner with all parents and teacher. It certainly wasn't my favourite part and I thought it kind of contrived. But nonetheless we had a fun time singing a song we additionly wrote special lyrics (two strophes for every teacher), watching a film two of us made (very much to our own pleasure - some scenes were sooo hilarious!)...
The next day - that would make Friday - Marion, Semjon, Andy and I went out for dinner in Zurich at the 'Blinde Kuh'. That's a restaurant in which it is absolutly meaning a 100% dark. And it certainly is! You can't see anything (except a mysterious light at 45 degrees north - gell Semjon?!;)) If you ever get the chance to go there you should do so! It really is an experience!:D
On Saturday night Marion and I went to Moni's house where a small farewell party took place because Mimi and Moni left Switzerland on Monday to spend a whole year in the U.S. as an au-pair.
Well, that's about it. During the last days I've done nothing but rearranging all kind of stuff in my room, swimming in the outdoor swimming pool in town, reading books, enjoying my vacation, packing and planning for my two trips coming up... Oh yes I had another WWF-Waden sea camp leader meeting in Bern and Italy is the new world champion in soccer (that was even announced in the train when I was on my way from Bern to Zurich!!!)
Have a nice Friday and a genial w/e!
Yours Anina
Congratulations!!You finally graduated... and in autumn this year you're gonna start a new study at college(am I right?). So great.
ReplyDeleteAnd how wonderful you've won top honor in your class, as I imagined (I kind of have had an idea that you are a smart person):)
Oh yes I know in Western countries you have a dance party at a happy occasion like graduation; in Japan it's not customary. Anyway it seems you enjoyed it a lot.
So now you're gonna enjoying your summer vacation? Have an exciting one. And good luck in your new life starting soon ;D
Yep, I'm gonna start my studies in earth sciences at the ETHZ (Swiss Federal Institut of Technology in Zurich). And till then: almost four months of summer vacation!!!:D
ReplyDeleteHope you've got a nice summer as well.