First Monica, Linus, Tabea and I went to Scuol some days. One of Tabea's godmothers owns a flat in Ardez where we could stay overnight. We went skiing on Sunday and Monday. The snow was quite alright and the weather was beautiful! The most funny slope certainly was the one leading all the way down to Scuol valley station as you can see on the following photograph:
On Monday morning we went to train station. Unfortunately train connections aren't the same every hour in that area thus we missed the train to Scuol. This meant that we would have had to wait for a whole hour for the next train coming along. Since we all were very eager to go skiing we really did not like that. Thus we decided to hitch-hike.
After skiing that day we went and enjoyed ourselves at the 'Scuol Bath and Sauna Landscape'.
Afterwards we returned to 'our' flat in Ardez again.
The same week but on Friday night I traveled some hours by train and bus to get to Saas Fee. There I went skiing with Michi, Semjon and all the sibling of Michi, his parents and some friends of the family. (The same folks and place I stayed at a week last winter!) And still, I love the skiing area of Saas Fee although it can be very cold and windy on the top! But skiing on and next to the omnipresent glacier is awesome!!!I hope you get an impression of the glacier. The three dots in the right corner are Semjon, Michi and Melissa, one of Michis sisters.
After skiing all day long I left Saas Fee again that night and after some hours I was back in Zurich.
The next morning the skiing camp started. The kids were all from Zurich city (4th - 6th grade) and we were skiing in Wildhaus (which is close to where I grew up).These are my skis, poles and backpacks at the tram station in Zurich on early Sunday morning.
In the afternoon we already went skiing and the snow conditions were way better than I had expected them to be! Although it was snowing one day, raining on another day and foggy on a third day the kids were totally enthusiastic about skiing! Thus it was a pleasure to teach them and be with them all day long. In the evening we once waxed our skis and snowboards, once built a snow bar etc. Since it's hard to describe a camp with all its motions I'll just upload some pictures for you and therefore hope you get a fair impression.
The house was situated great meaning we were able to ski downhill all the way to our house and after lunch for example we could ski directly from our house to the valley station.
Well that's it about that skiing camp. My personal highlight was the last afternoon when one ski broke - not mine. Unfortunately that kid wasn't able to ski on only one ski thus I kind of bore the kid down to the next chair lift. Although not very easy I liked that challenge...:D
Well, that's been it about alpine skiing so fare - oh no - I also went skiing in Flumserberg with some friends from ETH - but I unfortunately don't have a photo of that event.
No comments:
Post a Comment