28.08.2011
It was one of these beautiful days. Sunny and great view! Unfortunately it snowed a lot and I had to change my plans for the week-end.
So I took the train to St.Imier in the Jura mountains (more like hills actually). From there I started walking uphill through a beautiful forest and up a small gorge. Later, the track went across meadows with cows leading up to the highest point of the canton of Berne: Chasseral. Nice hill with a big ugly thing on top of it with heaps of people because it is only a 10 minute walk from a car park... Nonetheless: the view is absolutely spectacular!!! Lakes, mountains...
After a short nap in the sun, I strolled downhill to the town of Nods where I just missed a bus and waited for a next one. It turned out to be quite an exciting and scenic trip home: bus, funny little thing going down very steep right above the lake, trains...
beautiful forest on the way uphill
view from the top
going downhill
waiting for train on the way home

No comments:
Post a Comment