Sunday, January 27, 2013

Lisboa

On my way back to work, I had a stop over in Lisbon. At Lisbon airport, I first bumped into a friend, who had graduated a couple years earlier than I did. It so happened that he was on his way to work (muscovite exploration in Brazil), too. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to catch up because I wanted to go and explore the town. After all, I hadn't been to Portugal before. So, off I went sightseeing.
me at the huge square in Lisbon
there is real good coffee for 55 cent in the yellow building right next to the arch
sunny seaside with bridge in background
church on the way up to the castle
alley in Alfama area
just another building
Later, I was back at the airport. Before boarding, it was decided that I ought to fly to Dakar instead of Bamako. Hence, I went to cancel my flight, get my baggage, store the bike in the long-time storage of Lisbon airport and found myself a backpackers to stay the night. What a backpackers! It was a really nice place right in the city centre. Luckily, they had dinner night that day. So, I just arrived at the place and joined in. Lots of wine, sausages and relaxed chatting with mostly backpacking Australians.
The next day, I didn't have much time to wander around Lisbon. I took the bus back to the airport, another check-in, another flight and eventually made it to West Africa! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment