17 hours layover at Paris CDG. Naturally, I wasn't going to spend all that time waiting around at the airport. I've been to Paris several times. That fact didn't keep me from visiting it yet another time. No pressure seeing anything. I mostly spent a lot of time just walking around. Stretching my legs after all the driving and flying felt great! I did experience a 40°C temperature difference between Mali and France. Luckily, I learn from mistakes: This time I packed the down jacket, fleece and rain jacket in my hand luggage. Unfortunately, the shoes were still totally inappropriate for temperatures just above freezing. The only way to cope with it: spend lots of time in cafés... which isn't so bad after all ;)
Anyway, I totally enjoyed taking trains, subways, walking the streets of Paris, looking at sights, deciding myself when and what to eat etc. Visiting the musée de l'orangerie with spectacular Monet paintings rounded off this European intermezzo. I am back at the airport waiting for a flight to bring me back to warmer temperatures and yet another continent.
![]() |
| Good morning Paris @ CDG |
![]() |
| boulangerie |
![]() |
| fleur de pot |
![]() |
| La Seine |







No comments:
Post a Comment