Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Flying out

After the very busy annual visit, it was time to fly out. Naturally, the plane was a couple hours late. TIA. We didn't really bother. As it was a small group of geologists flying out, we just went to one guy's place and had some tea and waited... Eventually, the airplane turned up and off we went. From there on I don't remember much as I mostly slept, slept and slept on different planes. We did touch down in Ouagadougou, which I thought was pretty cool. But again, it was in the middle of the night and I only caught a short glimpse of the lights of Burkina's capital between naps... ;)
In Switzerland, I was welcomed by my siblings in great style: piece of paper with my name on it (in pink...?!), flowers, neatly cut pieces of bread, various cheese and vegetables! Ah and seeing the snow-covered mountains when flying into Zurich on a sunny warm summer day - paradise!
the plane having eventually arrived at our airport
view from the plane
very centre of photo: small village
foreground to the left: old open pit
background to the left: river and border to the Senegal

No comments:

Post a Comment