Monday, July 15, 2013

Working hours in exploration

The other day I bumped into an Italian who grew up just around the corner from my home town in Switzerland! :) Talking high German made me realize that's already been quite some weeks since talking my mother tongue...

So, I ended up talking to my bro tonight. As I was mentioning that I felt somewhat tired...
He: well, how many hours do you actually work per day?
Me: hm, not so much. Let's see. 8, 9 up to 11, 12, maybe.
He: 6 days per week?
Me: 7 days per week. Really does sound like a lot if you start thinking about it. Maybe, that's why I feel so tired these days...

Sometimes thoughts need transfer into words before they can be fully understood... ;) I occasionally listen to 'Die fünfte Schweiz' podcasts and there was a Swiss girl telling about her work and life experience as a geotech in Australia. She works 15 days on and 13 days off. Sounds like a piece of cake to me ;) I am four weeks in and four weeks to go until - what - a two week break...?! :)

Other than this overdue realization, Mali is as beautiful as ever!
Dusk

No comments:

Post a Comment