Sunny weather forecast on a week-end in fall with nothing to do: TART the tarp had to gain its first real-outdoor-experience! Easy access and a good view defined the location: Gauschla towards the Southern end of the Alvier range. View included Liechtenstein, Walensee towards Zurich, Rhine towards Bodensee and Germany, Rhine upriver towards Grisons and Bernina - not too shabby! It was an easy backcountry climb across lonely Alpine meadows to the peak at 2310 masl. Taking in the spectacular view and sunset, I started pitching the tarp. It was, at first, giving me a hardish time (I am sure the people on the neighboring peak (with a hut on top) were having a jolly good time wondering about my doing…). Eventually, I managed to set up the tarp according to my idea of having a prime camp spot: view towards sunset and as many mountains as possible. This later caused some issues as wind was picking up and I was in a rather exposed location. Hence, at 2am I changed the set-up and from there on slept more comfortably… Good times! And after all, that was the point of the whole trip: to test TART the tarp and make it acquainted with Alpine surroundings.
 |
| late evening view towards Walensee |
 |
| Alvierkette |
 |
| sunset with a view towards Walensee |
 |
finally: TART the tarp pitched! bit close to the edge, I admit ;) |
 |
| setting up bivouac |
 |
| piece and quiet and Alpine beauty whilst cooking |
 |
| good morning mountains |
 |
| morning view towards Rhine Valley |
 |
| TART the tarp and me |
In the morning, I was met by my mother and sister. They brought croissants to the peak! From there, we continued towards a more frequented trail and eventually down to a very crowded car park.
 |
| porridge and croissant |
No comments:
Post a Comment