It started with a performance of our folk music group (Repastani-Quartett) on 11/22/05. We played at the RadioRi Partyweek and we actually played about 45 minutes live. First I was a little afraid of doing so but it luckily turned out quite well and we enjoyed hanging out at the place after our performance!
This picture shows our group playing on stage!!!:D
The following Wednesday morning I finally got my KCHS year book - it was so incredible and amazing to look at all the familiar faces, to read their names... and it of course still is great!
On Friday evening I spontanously decided to go to a concert in Vaduz. As normal I rode my bike to get there. This time it was below zero (Celsius) but I nevertheless I enjoyed the 20 minute ride. The Mahler Chamber Orchestra is an orchestra represented by rather young musicians. They played a concert for piano and orchestra in B-major KV 546 from Wolfgang A. Mozart, the 2nd symphony in C-major op.61 composed by Robert Schumann and five pieces for orchestra op.10 composed by Anton Webern. Anton Webern's opus is the one I enjoyed most! Anton Webern is a composer of the impressionism and especially of the expressionism so the music is a special one.
On Sunday two friends (Moni and Marion) and I took the train to St.Gall to go and see a private view/vernissage of an art project. As a matter of fact one of our teachers made a speech. After the four speeches, the music entertainment and an appetizer we went to have a look at the library itself. The artists, Gerda Steiner and Jörg Lenzlinger decorated the huge Baroque hall. There are thousands of object like flowers, stuffed animals, bones, wire, carots, stones, soft toys... Of course you're not able to discover every item when being in the room for just an hour but we at least got a thrilling impression of the interesting decorated room!
As we wouldn't be out of the office/house enough our class went to St.Gall again on Tuesday night. We there watched a play at the theater. It was awesome! It basically just was one man talking for one and a half hour (by heart, almost uninterrupted, perfectly playing all different situations of living, comprehensible...) Well anyway we all enjoyed the play a lot! Even tough we actually came St.Gall to see the ballett that was shown after the play. It was a modern choreography to Arnold Schönberg's music (Verklärte Nacht). Unfortunately the choreography didn't appeal to all of us but nevertheless I liked to see the different kind of ballet.
Wednesday afternoon I spent as usually in the lab and I even took some pictures!
This one shows you my extractions of three different soil samples I got earlier.
Last night the 'Sponti Angels' sang at an occasion of 'Terres des hommes'. 'Terres des hommes' is an organisation which helps street children. We sang different Christmas song. The 'Sponti Angels' are about seven girls of our class and some (KSS-)teachers.
These just some events to be mentioned. Now I'll get ready for 'Chlausrock' at KSS tonight. At KCHS tonight the annual Winter Dance takes place and we have the Chlausrock. I've never been at the Chlausrock before but it should be fun. There are two different bands playing tonight.
Oh and of course advent started. So my brother and I get up every Tuesday for a church service at 6 am. Yes, I'm going to church - for all of you who wouldn' have though so. We just like these services early in the morning!
And Marion and I also got an Advent calender in our locker at school.
As it is logical this picture shows you our Advent calendar and me in the hallway which you can't see...;)
To finish I won't write another wisdom but mention a piece of music. It was written by Arnold Schönberg, named Op.46 A Survivor from Warsaw for Narrator, Mens' Choir and Orchestra. We listened to it today in school and if you ever get to chance to hear it go for it. It's really special (expressionsm). It deals with the social, psychological, ethnic problems during the Second World War especially about the life in a ghetto. It's a hard piece of music but also gives you an impression of life then.
No comments:
Post a Comment