Thursday, September 21, 2006

Circus Monti

The first week of September I made an internship at the Circus Monti. Circus Monti is a smallish Swiss circus and I started work there right after my last night at the factory which was rather tough. Luckily my first day at the circus (Saturday, 9-2-06) I wasn't supposed to do anything so I just went and watched the perfomance. Awesome! No, seriously, I'm not kidding! I especially liked their staging - a couple of times I did not realize that the next part of the program had already started just because it was so well planned!
As I wrote before I arrived in Aarau on Saturday.
The next day - on Sunday - I got up at 8.30am and went to the kitchen where my job was to prepare about 60 sandwiches or so. No too exciting but still quite nice for I could work on my own. In the afternoon we started to break the tent off. We started with the front fence at the same time as the afternoon performance started. And we kept working till 6 or 7 pm. Then we drove to Seon where we had to put up the fence for the two donkeys and the goats. Afterwards - around 10pm - we had some pasta and went to bed later on.
The next morning almost everyone got up at 6.15 to build up everything again. This took us till 1.30 or so. I then went to take a shower and get some lunch.
This photo shows you the tent as it could be seen from my 'room' in Seon. Luckily the weather during that one week was pretty amazing so working outdoors wasn't as tough as it can be sometimes!And this is my wain. There are two rooms in this wain and mine is the one you I pictured. By the way, the first morning someone was so nice as to lock me in. When the door is closed to can pull the stairs up or rather push them up from the outside. The bad thing just is that one cannot open the door with the fixed stairs... Luckily there was some friendly guy who came and freed me...;)
Well, we're still on Monday. On Monday afternoon we had a special program called Kleinkunstabend. We mainly just diveded into different groups and every group was taught something by an artist. I ended up in the Clown group.
This is me 'dressed up' for the performance we had after all the rehearsals in the manege. The whole performance was a lot of fun!!! Nothing to be missed I'd say!
The following day (Tuesday) we stayed in Seon and I had the pleasure of going to Zurich to post bills allover the city. A nice job which I liked a lot.
On Wednesday I prepared sandwiches in the morning. In the afternoon Marion and her godmother came to watch the program which was neat indeed. That afternoon we already started breaking off the tent again. In the evening we moved to Cham.
At 6.15am the next morning we once again put up everything. After having taken a shower and eaten lunch I caught the train to Zurich where I spent the remaining hours posting bills. The good thing about posting bills in Zurich really is that I got to know the city better. And since I'm moving to Zurich in a week's time that's a pretty useful thing! In the evening some guys went to Zug to visit another circus but I decided to stay in Cham which was lovely because the campside in Cham is directely at the lakeside with an awesome view to the Rigi!!!
On Friday I once again went go Zurich for posting bills and in the evening I did not go back to Cham but took the train from Zurich to Sargans. In Bad Ragaz I went for a stroll with a friend and we had a look at all the diffferent sculptures exhibited all over the village.

No comments:

Post a Comment