Like some of you already know I went to the Polyball last Saturday. The 'Polyball' is the annual dance at the ETHZ. It's a huge event with many differents bands playing... Although it cost me quite an effort to go for it, it was an awesome experience! Bjoern and I spent hours dancing and enjoying the evening! (probably more the night because the dance started at 7pm and ended at 5am) First we learnt how to dance Boogie and afterwards we were just dancing Disco-Fox or whatever seemed to be feasible.
Björn and I at my place (in the hallway) just before leaving for the dance. The photo was taken by one of the other students living in the house.
On the same day (last Saturday) Marion and I went to the International Bourse (there's a high chance that that's the wrong word...) where there were exhibited all different kinds of minerals and fossils. It was a stunning event and I developped a particular interest in malachite (as well as in other minerals).
What else to be said - a wisdom? - Well, Marion and I read a beautiful (seen from the point of view of an earth scientist of course!!!) phrase which goes as follows: Love is in the earth. And according to this topic I've found another sentence on a friend's blog which isn't a 100% true in the scientific way but nonetheless quite worth to be posted: Kummer, Stress und Druck machen Menschen zu Stein, später zu Diamanten und Diamanten sind unvergänglich.
Björn and I at my place (in the hallway) just before leaving for the dance. The photo was taken by one of the other students living in the house.On the same day (last Saturday) Marion and I went to the International Bourse (there's a high chance that that's the wrong word...) where there were exhibited all different kinds of minerals and fossils. It was a stunning event and I developped a particular interest in malachite (as well as in other minerals).
What else to be said - a wisdom? - Well, Marion and I read a beautiful (seen from the point of view of an earth scientist of course!!!) phrase which goes as follows: Love is in the earth. And according to this topic I've found another sentence on a friend's blog which isn't a 100% true in the scientific way but nonetheless quite worth to be posted: Kummer, Stress und Druck machen Menschen zu Stein, später zu Diamanten und Diamanten sind unvergänglich.
Where are all the nice comments?
ReplyDeleteI'm very proud of you!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYour anonymous (: