Monday, December 07, 2009

FLIGHT


Well, I left Switzerland while there were heaps of snow - simply brilliant.

Me and all my stuff in the back of our car in Buchs.
Unfortunately that caused an one hour delay of my airplane due to defrosting wings in Zurich. So, after Monica and Linus drove me to the airport by car and all the usual check-in, security... stuff, I did take off eventually. I was flying Emirates, so the first stop was to be Dubai. Crazy place really from above: desert and rectangular green villa properties! On my way to Dubai I got to see a bit of Turkey and the Zagros Mountains which was neat.
Dubai - Bangkok was the next leg in another airplane. Quite liked Thailand as it can be seen out of the airplane. In Bangkok I had to go thru the transfer area to get back into the same airplane continuing to Sydney. On our way to Sydney I saw some lightnings which was cool and then I enjoyed the Australian outback for a while. Looks pretty dry and reddish from above... Flying into Sydney the landscapes turned a bit more green and at the airport I had to go thru another transfer to get back onto the same airplane again.
Finally after hours and hours in the air, I arrived in cloudy, chilly New Zealand. All my bags made it as well and after I got thru biosecurity a friend picked me up and we drove to his place. Just brilliant to have a place to stay on your first day in a foreign country! I put my bike back to together and after a yummie dinner, I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment