In the back you see the choir all dressed in black with white rouged faces. In the front you see 'filia' (the one standing) and the four playmates. Actually I hardly see the one to the very right. These four young women are all classmates of mine - the one on the very left in the blue dress is Marion!;)Of course we spent a lot of time rehearsing but it nevertheless was great to perform and sing! Since it kind of was our last big concert with this choir all the seniors enjoyed it in a very special way.
After this very musical weekend (after one choir rehearsal we also practised with the Repastani - till 11:15 pm) a rather thrilling week was to follow.
On Tuesday for example I got the 2005 Kenai Central European Concert Tour shirts, which was super as well!

On these two pictures you see the short-sleeve shirt - the front and the back - for all of you who do not know what I'm talking about: In March 2005 I had the pleasure to spend some days with the KCHS Concert Choir. They did a European Tour (Berlin, Rothenburg, Dachau, Munich, Salzburg and Prague) I joined them in Dachau, Munich, Salzburg and Prague. And by the way the red animal on the front is a cardinal - the mascot of Kenai Central High School!Another funny part of this week was today's excursion to Davos. With our geography class we visited the Swiss avalanche institut in Davos. We went there by train, listening to an expert talking about all different (and interesting!) stuff concerning the studies and experiments at the institute...
These are most of the students of our Geography class at the train station in Davos.After the lecture Marion and I took the train to Chur. It was about 4 pm but nevertheless we decided to buy some food. So we ended up buying half of a jerk chicken. As we figured out this was the easier part because we certainly had some difficulties eating the chicken in the train. First we had to get it into small pieces and secondly people kind of look weird at us eating this yummy chicken without any useful tools.
This picture shows you my trying to get the chicken into smaller pieces so we could enjoy our adventurous meal.
Here you can see Marion after having eaten the chicken on our train ride Davos-Landquart. - keeping out of mischief and looking as in her salad days of her youth!:DAnd now I'll tell you the greatest event of this week, which made my day!
It started with our headmaster dismissing our application to go to Vienna. But of course of class couldn't go along with this decision. So a friend of mine and I paid Mr. Wurster a visit. He kindly listened to our arguing and sometimes made fun of us. Afterwards we didn't really know what he thinks about it. So time went on and our teachers submitted a re-application for the project. On Thursday, that means yesterday, the headmaster and his commitee met and decided. Since we knew about their meeting almost the whole class was nervous all day long. Unfortunately they hadn't told us by the end of the day. So we patiently had to study for our huge music exam we wrote today. This morning we kept studying for the exam. And then right before we had to write it our music teacher told us that we could go to Vienna. We were like freaking out! It was and still is soooo incredible great! I wrote the exam but I didn't really care anymore since the only thing I could think about was Vienna! Our class is looking forward to spending an awesome four days in Vienna - and I'm sure we'll have plenty of pleasure and work in that great city I've never been to!
Second incident that made my day: I got a letter of closest Alaskan family with a great picture of their whole family!
And last but not least I finally got a picture of my sister Tabea to post.

To close this post I again show you some snapshots my sister took last week
.
The one on the right shows you me cooking in our kitchen. I created a new dish by mixing different leftovers. Surprisingly it turned rather well and even my friends at school liked it! Marion decided to take down the 'recipe' and we ended up calling the dish 'Kuru Kuru'!:D Actually I've no clue when my sister took the one picture on the left..."One good wish changes nothing. One good decision changes everything." - This wisdom, fit and proper, to our engagement according the Vienna project...!;)
hoi zäma
ReplyDeletegell, spannend was d' anina so macht.au wenn i mit mina 1 1/2 jahr englisch nöd ganz alles verstoh.s' föteli vo mir hän mer nu so zum blödla gmacht!
de anina ihri schwöschter
GREAT!!!
ReplyDelete